Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Freeze-dried banana snack is fresh-fruit alternativeFreeze-dried, not deep fried—that’s the difference between Crispy Green’s freeze-dried banana slice snack product and your regular banana chip. “So it’s not dehydrating them or heat drying or oven baking bananas. Our whole line is made by freeze-drying products,” says Angela Liu of Fairfield, NJ’s Crispy Green.
The snack product, available throughout the U.S., Canada and with limited distribution throughout South America, is shelved within the produce aisle can be substituted for a fresh fruit snack when that’s not available. “And it has a long shelf-life which is a unique feature of drying products this way,” she notes.
Sourcing from China
The bananas are primarily sourced in Asia and surrounding countries. “We find there to be plenty of bananas available,” says Liu. “I always keep track of concerns and problems with things like Panama Disease but I was just recently there and over in Australia and I noticed that it’s been an issue in some places. But it’s not an issue for our bananas with the quantity we require for production.”
New products ahead
And looking ahead to 2017, Crispy Green is working on another freeze-dried based product but it’s not fruit. “It’ll be introduced quite a bit later this year, even into next year,” Liu says. “It partly depends on what the trade situation will be with the new administration. So we’re putting things on hold to ensure that the product isn’t going to be affected by any incoming policy.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 866 582 5577
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.